Dear FairFuelUK Supporter
We need your help, please take part in the largest ever POLL of UK’s drivers. It really is time to show our MPs and prospective MPs the power of majority opinion and common sense. Help us to produce the biggest survey ever seen at Westminster. The POLL will take just 5 minutes.
It’s clear from our extensive lobbying and contact with MPs and Ministers that the 40m driving license holders will be hit even harder in tax by the next Government.
- The UK remains the highest fuel duty nation in the EU & developed world
- The UK has the highest Diesel prices in the EU and the second highest for petrol
- The UK is the only EU state that charges more for Diesel than Petrol
- The UK has the lowest take up of greener fuels because of the worst incentives to convert fuels
Despite the Treasury recognising from our extensive presentation
of independent economic evidence that cutting fuel prices generates jobs,
stimulates GDP and lowers inflation, Westminster rumours abound with post-election
tax hikes. Yes you got it, the high spending politcians will be taking more tax
from the hard pressed British Motorist after the General Election. We have to present to them that yet
again they have got it wrong.
We have already proved directly to the Chancellor and his Ministerial team in our latest 2015 CEBR updated research that the combined effect of lower oil prices and the fuel duty policy since 2011 has saved the typical UK household over £365 a year. With over 26 million households in the UK, this equates to an extra £9.9 billion collective increase in household spending power broken down as follows:
- Due to the Fuel Duty Policy and as a direct result of the FairFuelUK Campaign = + £3.9bn
- Due to Recent oil price falls = + £6.0bn
We even asked in a direct letter to Mr Osborne to:
- "Please commit and state that if you help form the next
Government you will freeze fuel duty on all vehicle fuels for the lifetime
of the next Parliament. BUT please go further for the continuing benefit
to the economy and cut duty on all vehicle fuels throughout the next
Parliament by at least 3ppl. Our empirical independent economic evidence
and what has been shown to have been achieved in your current term will
continue to result in a net benefit to the new Exchequer.”
- "In your Budget, please lead FairFuelUK’s call for a full and transparent inquiry into how prices at the pumps are managed in relation to the fluctuations of oil prices. This is supported by all Political Parties and has been driven hard by Jason McCartney MP, Martin Vickers MP, Rob Flello MP, Tessa Munt MP and of course by your excellent PPS and FairFuelUK’s good campaigning friend, Robert Halfon MP.”
So it’s time to really tell the Government of whatever Party or combination of Parties that is elected on May 7th to listen to motorists. 70% of the electorate drive a vehicle. The remainder also need lower pump prices to help with their cost of living. Each MP has 1600 FairFuelUK Supporters in their Constituency. This means in marginal Parliamentary Seats in particular your opinion counts, ‘BIG TIME!’.
Please take part in our POLL. All completed responses will be collated and as soon as we hit a significant high level of response, the findings will be sent to every MP, every Parliamentary Prospective Candidate, the press and media. Thanks as ever. Without your help we'd be paying considerably more.
Quentin Willson and Howard Cox
Founders of the FairFuelUK Campaign
To take part in the quick and easy poll go to this link Some of you may need to copy this link http://www.fairfueluk.com/fairfuelukpoll.html into your browser as clicking on it, may not work.